E. Coffee Loading
The loading of the coffee can be made easy or made more difficult depending on how you do it. Let’s do it the easy way. Here are the steps:
Hopefully you have been pre-heating your drum. (It saves time on your roast if you do).
- Stop the motor.
- Lift the lid.
- Remove the drum and position the handle on the ground, with the coupler propped up against the grill.
- Close the lid to conserve heat.
- Open the lid about 60 degrees.
- Pour your coffee into the drum, rebounding the coffee off of the lid, into the drum.
- Close the lid.
- Insert the drum, coupler first into the motor, and then into the bearing(s)
- Close the lid
- Start the motor
- Start your stopwatch and begin timing the roast from this point.