The loading of the coffee can be made easy or made more difficult depending on how you do it. Let’s do it the easy way. Here are the steps:
Hopefully you have been pre-heating your drum. (It saves time on your roast if you do).
- Stop the motor.
- Lift the lid.
- Remove the drum and position the handle on the ground, with the coupler propped up against the grill.
- Close the lid to conserve heat.
- Open the lid about 60 degrees.
- Pour your coffee into the drum, rebounding the coffee off of the lid, into the drum.
- Close the lid.
- Insert the drum, coupler first into the motor, and then into the bearing(s)
- Close the lid
- Start the motor
- Start your stopwatch and begin timing the roast from this point.