Personally-identifying data is any information about you by which you can be identified. This can include information such as:
- your name, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based).
Non-Personally-identifying data is the sort of information web browsers and servers typically make available, such as:
- Browser type, language preference;
- Referring site;
- Date and time of each visitor request.
Who we are
Rkdrums.com is the website of RK Drums (5509 Radford Rd, Flowery Branch, GA 30542). If you would like to contact us, you may use the Contact link at the top of the website.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
RK Drums collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. RK Drums’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how RK Drums’s visitors use its website.
We collect personal data when you:
- sign up for marketing communications;
- use mobile devices to access our content;
- access our site, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- when you contact us via email, social media or similar technologies or when you mention us on social media.
Why we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our site and for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as sending out product quotes. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To send marketing communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law.
- To carry out marketing analysis, for example we look at what you have viewed on our sites and what products and services you have requested to better understand what your interests and preferences are, and to improve our marketing by making it more relevant to your interests and preferences.
- To improve our marketing communications, we use a similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
- For statistical purposes such as analyzing the performance of our site and to understand how visitors use it.
- To respond to your questions and to resolve complaints.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Who we share your data with
Some of our pages use social plug-ins from other organizations (such as the “Facebook Share” function, LinkedIn’s “Share” function). These other organizations may receive and use personal data about your visit to our site. If you browse our site, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organizations use personal data, please read their privacy policies. We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
How long we retain your data
How we may contact you
- Service communications. From time to time we may send you service emails, for example, thanking you when you place an order or request a quote with us.
- Marketing communications. If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new offers and updates. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email.
- Responding to your questions or complaints. If you have raised a question or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your question or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and related technology
When you visit our site, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. It is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive or tablet or mobile device. When you visit our site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our site
- Showing you products and services that are relevant to you.
Other organizations also collect user information on our sites through cookies, tags and pixels. Tags and pixels, also known as web beacons, are similar to cookies but are collected through embedded images. Using cookies and other technology allows other organizations to help us to analyse how our site is being used, measure the number of visitors to the site, and display advertising. Cookies that are used by the our site are referred to as “first-party cookies”, and those that are used by our partners are “third-party cookies”. Because of how cookies work, our website cannot access third-party cookies; nor can other organizations access the data in the cookies we use on our website.
Embedded content from other websites
What types of cookies do we use?
Our site uses three types of cookies:
- Session Cookies.Session Cookies are cookies which measure how often you visit our site and how you use it. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Permanent Cookies.If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Advertising Cookies. These are cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below.
Your rights with regards to your personal data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
- Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to carry out marketing analysis to determine what products and services may be relevant to the interests of our customers. You can opt out from having your personal data used for marketing analysis when you provide your email for our marketing purposes.
- Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product or service from us and we need to use your contact details and payment information in order to process your order and deliver your product or service.
- Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact email@example.com. We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 our customers and users who are California residents are permitted to request certain information about the types of information shared by RK Drums with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the identities of those third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
5509 Radford Rd, Suite D
Flowery Branch, GA 30542