Alternate Homepage Forums Roasting How to correct my uneven roasting?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

My roasting in the 2-lb drum is uneven. I have a Weber Silver gas grill with the Weber rotisserie. It turns at 4 RPM. Roasting at around 490 degrees.
    Do I need to turn down or turn off the middle burner that is right under the drum? Should I put something under the drum to disperse the heat better? A higher RPM rotisserie? If so, what brands would work?

Thanks for your help!
    -Ed

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi Ed, thanks for the email. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I am absolutely confident that the majority of your trouble is caused by the slow turning rotisserie motor. we have found that universally anything below six RPMs generates uneven roasts, with optimal speed to being between 40 and 60 RPMs, and acceptable results being above 10 RPMs or so. I am confident simply spinning your drum faster will resolve the issue. Standard barbecue Rotisserie motors rotisserie motors are no longer available generally speaking above 2 RPM. Some people use electric drills, or pretty much any motor that spins faster than 20 RPMs will be just fine. People use electric drills also, or pretty much any motor that spins faster than 20 or PMs will be just fine. We also sell the great Motor on the website that spins at 52. If after that you were still having issues I would put a metal plate in the bottom of your grill to even out the heat. Let me know if you have any other thoughts or questions
    -Shane

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.