Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Is it unwise to consider roasting coffee beans in the same BBQ that I use for grilling meat? I’m expecting the answer is “yes,” but figured it was worth asking folks here. I’d love to be able to roast my own beans, but I have no room for another grill.
    -Dave

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Hey Dave,
    just stumbled across your post here, not sure why only now I got a notice you responded. I think it’s absolutely realistic. RK roasters at various roasting guilds have beat the Probat’s and Ambex’s of the world in terms of quality, so I have every reason to believe given the right technique you will be very happy with the results.
    -Shane

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Thanks, Shane. Greatly appreciate your quick reply. I’m now cautiously optimistic 🙂

My grill (a built-in 36in DCS) allows me to remove all the grilling elements (grates, ceramic rods, etc), so maybe I can minimize the food odors by getting all that stuff out before roasting. I’m not a hard-core purist, but I’ve been using roasted coffee from Sweet Maria’s for a while. They’re only 30min from our house, so we tend to get pretty fresh roasts. My goal is to replicate their Liquid Amber roast at home and save a few bucks. Do you think this is a realistic goal?

Thanks again,
    -Dave

Lola Lewis
    Participant

Hi Dave, did you succeed with it? That’s just a pure curiosity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.