Alternate Homepage Forums Roaster Mods and Additions Rotisserie Rod Handle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi there.

A little background: I’ve been roasting coffee on the stovetop in a Whirly-Pop popcorn popper for several years. I’m getting tired of roasting 8 oz. at a time so I ordered a 4-pound drum from you a while back. I didn’t include any accessories because I wasn’t exactly sure what my set up would be. I’ve been pondering it for a while. I know that I don’t want to use a motor, partly because of the expense and partly because I don’t really have a permanent place to set up at this point or easy access to electrical outlets without running a long cord. And I kinda like simple. Guess I’m just a bit of a Luddite at heart. So, my question is…

Can you make me a rotisserie rod with a manual crank handle? I’ve looked around at my local hardware stores and I haven’t been able to find anything adequate. Honestly, I’m not even quite sure what this would look like and I’m open to ideas too. I’m thinking something like a 6, maybe 8″, crank arm at the end of the rod.

Let me know if you think that’s something you can/would do and an idea of what it would cost.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to getting my drum off the ground so to speak.

Regards,

Animito Pollina

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi Guys, we have made a rotisserie rod with an extended hand crank on the end. This would permit you to use the motor at any time, and then hand crank it manually.

Let me know if you would like to discuss it further,

-Shane

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking essentially the same thing. I like to see the process myself. I have an outdoor cooktop in my carport. I was thinking of having a sheet metal, rectangular housing made, open at the top and bottom, with the top lower in the front, so that I can see the drum. It would have slots cut in either end that the rotisserie rod would go through, with short little channels angling down at various heights. You would regulate the heat by moving the rod and drum higher or lower. The housing would channel the heat around the drum and shield from the wind. I have my wife looking for a handle at thrift stores. I would have a length of the square steel tubing like on the drum welded to the handle. That would then slide over the rod.

-Phil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.