Alternate Homepage Forums Grills, BBQ’s and Brick Ovens Which Grill Should I buy?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

You can make practically any grill work, it just depends on how much work you want to do. So it would be preferable to simply pick up a grill that already has the rotisserie cutouts. Take a look at this webpage on grill selection and rotisserie selection.
    -Leo

Shane Lewis
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

No problem at all! First a couple of points:

You can make practically any grill work, it just depends on how much work you want to do. So it would be preferable to simply pick up a grill that already has the rotisserie cutouts. Take a look at this webpage on grill selection and rotisserie selection.
    https://blackbalsam.co/rkdrums/index.php/support/which-grill-should-i-buy

I don’t know of any grills that automatically come with a rotisserie. You can buy them at the hardware store. I also sell them in the “Everything Kits” on the website…..these kits contain everything you will need except the grill, but a bit more expensive, however.

I don’t have any specific grill recommendations as there are just so many grills and all of them are slightly different, and every retailer has a different inventory. But, practically any grill will work. Read through the section on grill selection, and it will help you pick. Finally, before you buy a grill, go to the store with your camera and tape measure. Measure the distance from the rotisserie slot down to the grill burner (grate removed) and let me know how much it is, also let me know BTU, and the length of the interior chamber, right to left…..I’ll give you a complete rundown on what I think about it. Let me know if you have any other questions or call anytime.
    -Shane

Bob Roseman
    Participant

In my opinion, it is better to oversize your grill. Cold temp and wind can suck away the we BTUs. You can end up with baked beans. No so tasty! I bought a Members Mark 5 burner grill at Sams Club several years ago. It has gone through hurricane Harvey flood waters and still looks top notch. Not a spec of rust. Today I did two three pound roasts in 90 F 0 wind weather. She held temp 520 F with two burners set to low and one modulated between medium and low. In 50 F 20 mph winter conditions I have used all five burners but not at full power. I always use five burners on high to preheat the grill to 600 F before loading the beans.

All in all I love the quality and kick assness of the $300 grill. Highly recommended. Sam’s Club still sells the same grill at the same price.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.